Unstoppable Red Devils score 50 in Hull

Unstoppable Red Devils score 50 in Hull

by | Apr 7, 2017

A sensational performance from the Red Devils saw them record over 50 points away to Hull FC.

Salford came into the game on the back of three consecutive wins and welcomed Junior Sa’u back into the starting line up.

The hosts came into the game with out Man of Steel Danny Houghton and Half-Back Albert Kelly, and Scott Taylor and Gareth Ellis also missed out for FC.

Hull FC made a strong start and were soon over the try line with Steve Michaels scoring following a   Sneyd cross field kick. Sneyd added the two points and then added a penalty to push FC out to a 8-0 lead.

Salford were soon on the scoreboard themselves with Rob Lui scoring following a clever side step and Dobson adding the conversion to reduce the deficit.

Minutes later and Salford had the lead, Greg Johnson finding some space out wide and scoring in the corner.

The scores kept coming for the Red Devils, with Craig Kopczak forcing his way over as Salford decided to run the ball on 5th tackle.

On the next set, Kopczak was in again, slipping through a weak Hull tackle and scoring under the posts to give Salford a 14 point lead after the conversion.

With the momentum well and truly with the Red Devils, it wasn’t long before Junior Sa’u added his name to the try scorers list as Salford ran the ball on 5th tackle again and the Centre found some space on the left hand side.

With Hull FC on a team warning, Marc Sneyd was sent to the SinBin for the hosts, and Salford took advantage of the extra man, with Greg Johnson going over on the right hand side for his second of the match.

The Red Devils found time for one more try before half time, quick hands put Justin Carney in on the left wing and Salford took an 8-34 lead into the sheds.

In the second half, Hull FC put early pressure on the Red Devils as they looked to build themselves back into the game and were soon over the line through Shaul.

A few minutes later and FC were in again through Steve Michaels who found some space on the right hand side to reduce the deficit further.

With Hull on the front foot, Salford did well to control the arm wrestle, and were soon back amongst the try’s, with Michael Dobson breaking through the score the right hand side of the sticks.

With 10 minutes left on the clock Salford were in again, George Griffin found a huge hole in the Hull defence and strolled over to give Salford a 48-18 lead.

Salford went on to bring up 50 points with Ben Murdoch-Masila crossing just before full time as the Red Devils recorded a famous away win, and a fourth consecutive victory for the first time since 1997.

Full Time: Salford Red Devils 54 Hull FC 18

Attentions now turn to the visit of Leigh Centurions on Good Friday.

Salford Red Devils: O’Brien, J.Carney, Sa’u, Welham, Johnson, Lui, Dobson, Mossop, Tomkins, Tasi, Murdoch-Masila, Jones, Flanagan, Kopczak, Griffin, Walne, T.Carney

Sign up to the official newsletter