Salford Red Devils are pleased to announce that the ballot for our “return to crowds” test event, due to take place on Wednesday 19th May, is now on general sale.
Season ticket holders were given initial priority for access to the test event, which is being held as part of the The Salford Stadium’s “Return to crowds” campaign, which will show the Safety Advisory Group that the stadium and club have taken all the necessary measures in reducing the risk of transmission, of covid, at spectator events.
The club have recently had match days signed off for the return of fans pending a successful test event, so it is vital that you follow the rules and advice laid out in the Code of Conduct, stadium ground regulations and direction from signage and stewards on-site.
The test event will commence at 6pm, with some pre-match entertainment from the first team who will be carrying out some light training and a skills session. After a short break, Salford RL Development Academy face off against Wales RL Development Academy in a 60-minute game.
See below the itinerary for the test event:
- 6pm – Welcome to your Salford Red Devils 2021 Squad, welcomed onto the field by club chairman Paul King
- 6:30pm – Break
- 6:45pm – Salford RL Development Academy v Wales RL Development Academy, 30 mins each way with evening concluding at 7:55pm.
- Club cheerleading team “The Red Angels” are back for the interval entertainment.
WHAT’S THE PRICE?
This event will be free to attend but booking fees may apply.
HOW DO I BOOK?
- 1. Go to www.eticketing.co.uk/salfordreddevils and sign in/create an account
- (if you do not know if you have an account try “forgot password” and if you have an account you will receive an email to reset your password)
- 2. Click on Match Tickets at the top of the page and click on single tickets
- 3. Choose Season Ticket Ballot and apply for tickets
- 4. Your name will appear. Underneath there is the opportunity to add the other people in your network to your application.
- (You must have already added people to your network prior to this and they must also have an online account)
- 5. Once you have added everyone to the application you will be asked to choose your area preferences.
- 6. Answer the questions at the bottom of the page. If you are not successful in your current location, one of the questions is if you would be willing to sit in another area. If your usual stand is full this will enable us to give you the next best option in order to get you access.
- 7. Confirm your application.
- 8. You will receive a confirmation email stating what you have applied for
- 9. You will be informed by email whether you have been successful and your tickets sent for you to download onto your phone or print the day before the match
If you are having difficulty in doing this please email email@example.com
You can also call 01617861570 and choose option 1 for tickets and if this is not answered leave a message and someone from the ticket office will call you back.
Office hours are Monday – Friday 10am-5pm
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE BALLOT CLOSES?
The ballot closes on Monday 17th at 5pm and all successful applications will be populated into the stadium seating plan. On Tuesday 18th you will receive and email stating whether your application has been successful or not.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET TO THE STADIUM?
There will be details on your ticket of what time you should arrive and what entrance to use. Different blocks will be given staggered arrival times and we ask you all to enter the turnstiles at the time stated. If you arrive too early, or too late, you may not gain access. There will be a one-way system in operation within the stadium. Please pay attention to signage and direction from stewards.
WILL I BE ABLE TO GET FOOD AND DRINK?
Kiosks will not be open for the test event but you will be allowed to bring in non-alcoholic drinks and food, providing it is in a clear plastic bag. All litter and waste must be disposed of in the bins provided.
IS IT SAFE TO ATTEND?
Although we cannot wait to have you back, we need to ensure that spectator safety is at the top of our agenda. Therefore, it is imperative that fans read and agree to the Spectator Code of Conduct and respect all rules and guidelines, in order for us to satisfy the Safety Awareness Group’s criteria and keep fans safe from potential transmission of COVID -19.
If you have a season car park pass then that will be accepted. Free event car parking passes can be applied for in advance online or by contacting the ticket office. On-the-day parking will be available for £5, which will be donated to the Salford Red Devils Foundation.
For normal matchdays parking will be £8 per vehicle. For information on travelling to the stadium, see here.
Once again, Salford Red Devils would like to thank you all for your continued support and we simply cannot wait to see you all coming through our gates very soon!