We are aware of instances where emails sent by the club are not being received or are incorrectly filtered into spam or trash folders.
Spam filters may occasionally put a legitimate email into your spam folder. If you seem to be missing emails, or haven’t got an email you were expecting, check the Spam folder first.
To make sure that emails you wish to receive are never put into your Spam, you can add the club emails as a “Safe Sender”.
A reminder of the addresses frequently used by the club to distribute information:
- email@example.com – for general newsletters, updates and promotions.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for emails directly to shareholders.
Please see the following instructions on how to add the above email addresses as a ‘Safe Sender’, for various providers.
- From the Settings tab, select the Safe senders” folder and click on the Add button
- Add the email address you want to mark as safe and click Save
- After a confirmation message the email address will be added to your list of safe senders
- To remove a safe sender you just need to click on the Delete button
If you remove an email address from your list of safe senders you might want to think about adding it to your list of blocked senders. Click here for further information on BT Internet.
- Open your Safe Senders settings.
- Under Safe senders and domains, enter the email address or domain you want to add, and select Add.
- To add a mailing list to your safe senders, enter the mailing list under Safe mailing lists and select Add.
- Select Save.
Click here for further information on Outlook.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps > Google Workspace > Gmail > Spam, Phishing and Malware.
Note: You might find this setting at Apps > Google Workspace > Gmail > Advanced Settings.
- On the left, select an organizational unit.
- Point to Spam and click Configure.
If the setting is already configured, point to the setting and click
Edit or Add Another.
- For a new setting, enter a unique name or description.
- Check the Bypass spam filters for messages received from addresses or domains within these approved senders lists box.
- Click Use existing list or Create or edit list to select an existing list, or create a list of approved senders. To add a new list:
- Click Create or Edit list.
- Scroll to the bottom of Manage address lists and click Add address list.
- Enter a name for the new list.
- Click Add address.
- Enter email addresses or domain names. Use a space or comma between each entry.
- To receive mail from approved senders that don’t have authentication, turn off Authentication required for each user. This bypasses SPF and DKIM authentication.
- Click Save to save the new address list.
Changes for Gmail may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Click here for further information if your email provider was not covered in the above.
If you know someone who has not received any email from us since joining, then please ask them to follow the above troubleshooting.
Don’t miss out the information you want, get the weekly round-up of all things Salford Red Devils and sign-up for the weekly newsletter by clicking here.