An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Betfred Super League Europe club the Salford Red Devils.
Competitive Sessional rates.
Salford Community Stadium, Eccles, Manchester.
Fixed Term Contract.
February 16th, 2024.
The sessional physio will be working in an elite sporting environment. The post holder will be managing Reserves’ & Women’s players for the club on a weekly basis alongside the physiotherapist department, the club’s Head Physiotherapist, and other department colleagues – reporting to the Director of Rugby & Operations.
The successful candidate will apply themselves on prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of the club’s player injuries as well as ongoing maintenance treatments of non-injured players.
The post-holder will be expected to be work/time flexible and attend the club’s fixtures as instructed (home and/or away fixtures) including pre-match preparation, match cover and post-match assessments/treatments.
The successful applicant should have an sound knowledge of treatment methods and rehabilitation and an understanding of the demands of elite professional sport.
They should also have a supportive understanding of full confidentiality and the nature of working alongside elite athletes on a daily basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Physiotherapist medical provision alongside the Head Physiotherapist and Assistant Physiotherapists.
2. Assist with the rehabilitation of long-term injured players.
3. Plan and implement injury prevention programs and return to play protocols for injured club players.
4. Work closely with the rest of the department to provide support on all tasks for the Physiotherapist and Medical Department.
5. Attend club fixtures and assist and on pre-game preparation, medical cover throughout the game and post-game injury assessments (as required).
6. To maintain professional governing body standards at all times.
7. To oversee administrative jobs required as needed for an effective and efficient department.
8. To maintain and hold up to date and comprehensive qualifications as stated in professional body guidelines.
9. Maintain standards of clinical hygiene and cleanliness at all times.
10. Respect and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
11. Keep detailed daily and up to date medical records on the progress of each injured player.
12. To undertake any other reasonable duties at the discretion of the Club
The above list is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the department.
- 2 years post graduate experience in musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Experience in planning and delivery of rehabilitation programmes to elite athletes.
- BSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent.
- Valid HCPC and CSP registrations or equivalent.
- Registered (with immediate effect) for work within the UK.
- Valid UK driving license
- Must hold a current immediate Medical Management on The Field of Play (IMMOFP) qualification or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in sport.
- Knowledge of the principles of sports science.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are to include your CV with a short covering letter.
Applications will close on February 16th, 2024.
For any further information on the role please contact Charlie Wilton on email@example.com